Information Collection and Use
When you register on SiriusDecisions Web site(s), or for SiriusDecisions events, or purchase products, we ask you for personal information. We use this information to provide you with the best advice and highest-quality service as well as with offers that we think are relevant to you. We may also contact you regarding a Web site problem or other customer service-related issues.
SiriusDecisions does not market to children and does not knowingly collect personal information from children on SiriusDecisions Web sites.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
SiriusDecisions does not sell, share or rent personal information about you collected on Company Web site(s) outside the SiriusDecisions company.
How to Unsubscribe
If you no longer want to receive e-mail communications from SiriusDecisions, you may unsubscribe by clicking the "Unsubscribe" button at the top or bottom of each e-mail SiriusDecisions sends, or by otherwise following the instructions to "opt out" appearing on that e-mail.
In order to use many features of SiriusDecisions Web site(s), you may be asked to complete a registration form. During registration, you are required to provide contact information which is used to determine whether you are a subscriber or the authorized employee of a subscriber.
Purchases and Fulfillment
When you place an order or register for a SiriusDecisions event, we may request additional information such as credit card number and expiration date. This information is used for confirmation and billing purposes. The contact information you provide is used to service the order. Also, when you register for an event, we may request additional information about your hotel, meal and other travel preferences. This information is used only for the specific event.
SiriusDecisions uses third-party service providers such as credit card processing companies, shipping companies, mailing houses and event coordinators together with other service providers as required to satisfy client requests.
When you register for a SiriusDecisions event, we provide necessary information to hotels and to facilities hosting events. These parties are allowed to use that personal information only to provide services relevant to the event. SiriusDecisions uses the information obtained from you for the purposes of enabling your attendance at SiriusDecisions conferences. SiriusDecisions may disclose your information to third party service providers for this purpose. SiriusDecisions may also disclose your information to other conference attendees. If you wish to opt-out of sharing your information with sponsors/exhibitors and other conferees, please contact us in writing at SiriusDecisions Events, 187 Danbury Rd, Wilton, CT 06897. Attendee list does not include any email, address or phone details. SiriusDecisions will not disclose your personal information to any other third party without your consent except when required to do so by law.
Username and Passwords
- Passwords are for user's individual use
- Passwords may not be shared with others
- Users may not:
- Store documents in shared folders.
- Act as a 'librarian' for redistribution of documents to non-users unless otherwise stated in their contract terms.
- Reproduce or distribute documents externally without SiriusDecisions’ prior written permission from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Usage Tracking ("Cookies")
We monitor how you use our Web sites through pages visited and documents viewed. If you are a registered user, this information is stored with your registration information. It is unique-number identifiable, and is used solely for purposes of enabling us to provide you with a personalized Web site experience. Aggregated (not personally identifiable) forms of this data may also be used in order to help us understand areas for future research and to identify future features and functions to develop for the Web sites.
This data may also be used by SiriusDecisions, in the aggregate, to identify appropriate product offerings and subscription plans.
This same data is also used by SiriusDecisions clients to help them understand how their subscriptions are being used by their employees and in this case, is personally identifiable to the specific client.
What data we collect and how we use it
We may collect the following categories of information for the purposes explained below.
- Advertiser website activity: This is data about your browsing activity on the SiriusDecisions website. For example, which pages you visited and when.
- Device and browser information: This is technical information about the device or browser you use to access the Advertiser's website. For example, your device's IP address, cookie string data and (in the case of mobile devices) your device type and mobile device's unique identifier such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID.
- Ad data: This is data about the online ads we have served (or attempted to serve) to you. It includes things like how many times an ad has been served to you, what page the ad appeared on, and whether you clicked on or otherwise interacted with the ad.
- We use this data to help identify and serve ads to you that are more relevant. We also use this data to operate, improve and enhance our services including enhancing the data points we have about a particular user, browser, or device, or to target, optimize, cap, or synchronize advertising.
Specifically, the AdRoll cookie we serve through the AdRoll platform for this purpose is named “__adroll”. We may also drop an additional AdRoll opt-out cookie if you opt-out as described below.
Your choices and opting-out
We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
- You can opt out of receiving targeted ads served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon that typically appears in the corner of the ads we serve or by clicking here. Please note that, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again. Further, if you use multiple browsers or devices you will need to execute this opt out on each browser or device. If you opt-out we may collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- We adhere to the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) Codes of Conduct. You may use the NAI opt out tool here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
- We also comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads via the DAA website here.
- We also comply with the Canadian Self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads via the DAAC website here.
- We also adhere to the European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA) guidelines for online advertising and you may opt out via their Your Online Choices website.
- To opt out of receiving targeted ads that are based on your behavior across different mobile applications follow the below instructions, for iOS and Android devices:
- iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting
- For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher: Open your Google Settings app > Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest-based advertising”
Opting out will not prevent you from seeing ads, but those ads will likely be less relevant because they won’t be tailored to your interests. The ads might, for instance, be randomly generated or based on the web page you are visiting.
Some internet browsers allow users to send a "Do Not Track" signal to websites they visit. We do not respond to this signal.
Links to Other Sites
SiriusDecisions Web sites may contain links to other Web sites. Please be aware that SiriusDecisions is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our sites and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by SiriusDecisions Web sites.
SiriusDecisions and its affiliates will make every effort to prevent against a security threat, but cannot guarantee 100% security against a determined, expert hacker. When you enter or change a password, it is encrypted in our database. SiriusDecisions personnel do not have access to your password. Online payment transactions are transmitted via SSL and credit card information is not stored in our database, except for the last 5 digits.
Updating Personal Information
If your personal information changes, you may update it at any time. To correct or update personal information, go to your user profile on our Web site(s).
Notification of Policy Changes
If you would like to be taken off our marketing lists, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, or write to us at SiriusDecisions, Attention: Privacy Dept, 187 Danbury Road, Wilton, CT 06897.
Who we are
When we reference SiriusDecisions, we mean SiriusDecisions, Inc. or any of its legal entities: SiriusDecisions Europe, SiriusDecisions UK Ltd and SiriusDecisions Singapore PTE.
Why we collect information
- We collect personal information when you request our content, to provide useful content, and to follow up on sales or marketing inquiries.
- We collect information when you contact us to respond to a request, question or issue.
- We collect information when you register for an online or in-person event.
- We collect information when you buy or use our products and services. We do this to be able to deliver our services, to send you important operational information, for contractual reasons, to process financial transactions, and for legal and regulatory reasons.
What information we collect
- We collect name, business email, business phone, job title, title level, company name and company address.
- We may collect other data you have provided while contacting us, such as using a contact or content download form on our website, through an online survey, and from an event attendance registration.
- We also collect the following personal data if you have consented to the use of tracking cookies or if there is a lawful basis: internet protocol addresses, device identifiers or geolocation information related to a particular mobile device. Lawful basis includes:
- Processing personal data to prevent fraud
- For internal administrative purposes relating to employees and clients
- To ensure network and information security
- To report possible criminal acts or threats to public security to a competent authority
- Collecting data regarding web pages visited or content downloaded in order to provide you with information about products and services we offer, if a basis for legitimate interest applies or if consent to provide such information has been given
In addition, if you are a SiriusDecisions client, this data may also be collected out of necessity for the fulfillment of a contract to which you may be a party, and to enhance the performance of our website and web applications.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
How long we retain information
- We keep your information only for as long as it is necessary to fulfill our commitments to you, or to adhere to legal or regulatory requirements.
- If you are a customer or partner, we keep the information for the duration of our relationship. Certain information may be kept for longer and archived.
- If you have requested to receive marketing communications, we will keep your personal information until your consent is withdrawn. We may retain certain information in order to ensure that we can maintain your level of consent and preferences
- In most cases, we keep your personal information for no more than 10 years after the last contact or when your contract has expired, with the exception of information we have to keep for legal reasons, such as signed contracts.
Access to your information and rights
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all your personal information, please fill out this form. We will respond to your request within 30 days of receipt of the request.
- We want to ensure your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If we use your personal data with consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time and we will stop using your personal information for the purpose to which consent was given.
- It is your right to lodge an objection to the processing of your personal data. The only reasons we will be able to deny your request is if we can show compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override your interest, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- It is also your right to receive the personal data which you have given to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to another controller without delay where technically feasible and when doing so does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- If you wish for SiriusDecisions to completely delete all information that we hold about you, please contact email@example.com.
Submit a complaint
SiriusDecisions has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO). If you are an EU resident and need any assistance in exercising your data rights, please contact our DPO at: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to SiriusDecisions, Attn: Data Protection Officer, 187 Danbury Road, Wilton CT, 06897 USA.
If you would like to submit a complaint to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities are available here.